Breast Reduction & Lupus

I have Lupus and need a breast reduction and tummy tuck.  What are you thoughts?  Is this safe,?  What precautions do I need to take?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi.
Goodluck, with your surgery, and i hope alls well.
I would also plan that when you have had the surgery you take some good rest to recover, and dont go running back to things to quick.

I had to have a tumour removed from my central trachea, along with thyroid tissue because i developed swallowing problems.
However after surgery, i got loads of inflammation in my muscles and tissues, and went on to develop pnuemonia, so it sucked for me.

But we are all different, and so are our bodies,

I hope you take it easy, and i wish you loads of luck in your surgery.

Take care
Nicola
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your thoughts.  I didn't think about it throwing my Lupus into overdrive.  I definitely need it for more than cosmetic.  I'm a 36 J cup and can't exercise without discomfort...some workouts I can't do.  It has caused me to have severe back pain and everything.  I feel so OLD!

What kind of flare in symptoms did you personally see?
Helpful - 0
I dont know how bad your Lupus has been to your body? and also what symptoms, or organs, your Lupus has damaged.

I would say this though, If i didnt really need any surgery, and that means for cosmetic, and body matter issues, then i wouldnt be risking this at all.

Lupus is a very tricky illness, as them who live with it know. Your surgery could cause your Lupus to go into overdrive, and cause you to feel very unwell.

I know when i have had to have surgery in the past, and that has been lifesaving surgery, i have paid the price of it, and it has took my body ages, to get over it. As well as giving me a big flare off symptoms.

Good Luck
Nicola
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Lupus Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?