Lupus Community

Could this be Lupus????

Hi everyone......my name is Lisa. I am 39, and I have been having a myriad of symptoms I have yet to get a diagnosis for....I did however, get diagnosed with bursitis in my right hip in Oct of 2013. I got a shot and have been fine up until about 3 weeks ago. The burning & stinging have returned with a vengeance but this time in my left hip also but not near as severe.....the pain is so bad I am having trouble stepping in and out of pants when I get dressed, walking up & down stairs & even driving at times.

My other symptoms include.....muscle weakness, fatigue....I can sleep 9 to 10 hrs at night and wake up the next morning and be fighting a nap by 11 AM. I have no energy. I am losing my hair in VERY large clumps!!! It comes out when I shower and clogs up the drain so bad. this has been going on for a couple years now.
I also have developed some sort of "rash" on my chest. It looks as though I have gotten a sunburn but I can assure you we are in the dead of winter here and I have not been tanning or anything! It does not itch or burn or anything.

I should mention that I am Bipolar....I take Abilify, Zoloft, Topamax (& Klonopin PRN) I have been on this regimen for a few years now. Also of notable mention.....my Mother has Lupus.

So sorry this post is so long....thanks to whomever reads it and replies!!!

Lisa
Hi Lisa!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. If your mother has lupus then yes, you must get blood tests to find out whether you have lupus or not.
However, burning and stinging in hip joints can be due to arthritis, bursitis or ligament injury and this should be looked into by an orthopedic specialist.
Also, since you have fatigue and hair fall anemia should be ruled out first. This can also cause severe bone pain.
Other causes which should be seriously considered are polycystic ovaries, diabetes and thyroid disorders. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.