Cymbalta

I go back to the Dr on the 14th and am considering asking him about Cymbalta.  Has anyone taken this? What are the side affects?
I read it will help with the pain and the anxiety.   I have anxiety attacks when I am in a lot of pain.  Since they went hand-in-hand I thought maybe this would be a good one to try.  But I wanted opinions first.

Thanks in advance.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have taken it.  My mom is on it for fibromyalgia and loves it.  For me it was not the right treatment because my depression was actually from malnutrition of Celiac disease.  Stopping it wasn't too fun because you get brain zaps, but knowing it is just a drug withdrawal symptoms helps (instead of worrying you might have MS).  
Helpful - 0
Im not sure exactly what a brain zap is, but it does not sound like fun.  Thanks for the insight though.  I am wondering about fibromyalgia.  I have spots on my body that are just painful all the time and very tender to the touch.  I do not even like for clothes to touch them.  What exactly do you experience with that?
Helpful - 0
Don't take it, its horrible!!! I took it for one day and I woke up extremely dizzy and drenched in sweat. And I also fainted three times!!!!
Helpful - 0
I am sure that u made your decision long ago, but I just want to note my experience for someone else's future reference. I took it for depression & fibromyalgia (chronic pain all over the body, which also makes wearing clothing uncomfortable often). I was on it for about 5 months & weaned myself to 30mg from 60mg because I got kicked off of Medicaid, and put on Medicare, having to pay a lot more out of pocket than I can handle.

I have been experiencing dizzy spells, mood swings, hostility, severe depression & brain zaps for over a month.... Closer to two months... I'm not happy at all about the side effects & withdrawal effects. I am in worse shape than I was before I started Cymbalta!!! It did not help for pain much, I gained over 15 lbs., and the relief for depression was not what I hoped for. Please bear in mind that my winter depression includes agoraphobia (fear of leaving home). I regret taking Cymbalta!!! BTW, I was taking Wellbutrin all the while, & still am with greater success.

Don't underestimate the power of Chinese remedies & yoga (as much as you're able) for Fibro & depression. I'm so sick of expensuve medication that jacks me up even more... Pharmaceutical companies can stick it where the sun don't shine for this BS!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Lupus Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?