I'm not sure if I have responded to you before now or not. Forgive me if I repeat myself.
There are 11 criteria for lupus dx. But there are other signs and symptoms that they look for. A person doesn't have these al the time (everyday). The symptoms seem to wax and wane.
1. malar rash over cheeks (butterfly rash)
2. discoid rash, red raised patches
3. photosensitivity - reaction to sunlight, resulting in skin rash
4. oral and nose ulcers
6. serositis - inflamation of the lining of the lung or heart
7. reanl disorder - excessive protein in urine and/or cellular casts
8. neurologic disorder - seizures, or psychosis
9. anemia or low white blood count or lymphopenia or low platelet count
10. positive ANA
11. positive anti-DNA or anti-Sm, or antiphospholipid antibody or false pos. syphilis test
Other symptoms are:
shortness of breath
blood in urine
hair falling out
muscle pain and weakness
poor circulation in fingers and toes
tingling in extremities
raynauds (where fingers turn white when cold)
intollerance to cold
...to name a few
How severe would you describe your pain?
My RA doc says I gave elevated sed rate , ESR , and low positive for ANA but he says I don't have lupus .. That the ANA positive was due to my two child birth . He diagnosed me with fybromyalgia . I was quite confused about the diagnoses and the child birth causes an ANA positive ? Could someone please help me to understand what he is talking about . He's very short on time and discussion about my symptoms and diagnoses . What are the blood test that will show for a positive lupus reading oh and my white blood counts is out of range as well .. Please help thanks