Aa
A
A
A
Close
Lupus Community
1.43k Members

How do they tell the differenece

How do the doctors tell th difference between Lupu and Syphilis?  Is there one specific indicator that would make one more likely then the other.  Joint or chest pain?  I see a lot of the time doctors order a Syphilis test to diagnose Lupus.  What if the person is worried about both issues?
2 Responses
1442059 tn?1340240952
There are specific blood tests for both. If you are worried just ask your doc to test you. Put your mind at ease then. Take a breath and wait for the tests.  Take care
Some blood test they use for several different things, with Lupus you have several test done like a double stran ANA.

Along with my Lupus I also have a thing called Anticardiolipid Antibodies  it is not Syphilis at all yet they use that test for that too all Anticardiolipid Antibodies means is you have thick blood in England they call it sticky blood.

I would make an appointment with your doc and have some test done if your worried hun in the mean time try to relax.Stress only makes Lupus worse.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.