There are 11 criteria for a lupus dx. You must have at least 4 of the 11 to recieve a dx.
1. malar rash over cheeks (butterfly rash)
2. discoid rash, red raised patches
3. photosensitivity - reaction to sunlight, resulting in skin rash
4. oral and nose ulcers
6. serositis - inflamation of the lining of the lung or heart
7. reanl disorder - excessive protein in urine and/or cellular casts
8. neurologic disorder - seizures, or psychosis
9. anemia or low white blood countor lymphopenia or low platelet count
10. positive ANA
11. positive anti-DNA or anti-Sm, or antiphospholipid antibody or false pos. syphilis test
Other symptoms are:
hair falling out
muscle pain and weakness
tingling in extremities
raynauds (where fingers turn white when cold)
intollerance to cold
...to name a few
Keep in mind that fibromyalgia, CFS, MS and lymes disease also have similar symptoms.
As you saw on the autoimmune forum, many of us go through a frustrating time getting diagnosed. Keep going back to your rheumatologist and insist on regular blood testing until they get somewhere.
thank you, and I will do so.. this web site is a gift from god....