Aa
A
A
A
Close
Lupus Community
1.43k Members

Ischemic Colitis

In July 2004, I almost lost 75% of my colon, the bleeding was called "Scuffing?" the 1st. colonoscopy was a couple days after they stablised me.  they seen this scuffing (dying off of intestinal wall. they even made a copy of a picture of it...as my system was shut down, I was in for 11 days. They did a follow up before leaving and seen nothing! No sign of scaring, nothing. So the Doctors were baffled.They ruled out Crohns.  I went home in pain, lower abdomine, worst near the right, they said it was not appendix, not ovary. here I am 3 years later and cannot yet go to work nor resume life as I knew it. Lupas was ruled out when I requested a DNA test for it. I get pos. ANA titer tets, then a Neg one. on and off. My C reative proteins were up, but no one know why or what!  My IBS ( I call it that, the DR.s still say I have Ischemic colitis) has gone through stages, right now it is where my stomache bloats out like I am 9 months pregnant, then an all day session on the toilet, on and off, now I  get gas, unreal gas! .
One thing, the gas  rumbles on my left side, it did that the night it went into ER for  Ischemic colitis.
I don'e worry anymore but I want life if I can have it.  I rarely had blood, if so, not enough to go to ER, it is only when I  wipe.  
What causes such gas, it was incredible last night! And foul, I hate to say this stuff but maybe someone else can relate.
My last appointment the gasterologist said "you almost died, go live"  Well I want to but can't! I have a CTA (CT Angigram,) they said everything looked fine - some scaring on right kidney.
Went t a kidney DR. he looked at the report and said, that's nothing.
OH, I also have an extra renal tube, the same DR. said "might come in handy one day"
No help at all. I held my CD of the ultrasound, he did not look.
I best end this, sorry I am yaking but I just want to leave the house!  I am 60 now. hope you can give me just an opinion. Thank you.

0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.