Aa
A
A
A
Close
Lupus Community
1.43k Members

Lupus and Cancer

I have a number of symptoms of cancer, itching, night sweats, sores on skin, visual problems, tumors on hips and butt.  Have had colon cancer in 2008.  Dr. took out 12 inches of bowel.  My right tibia is bent and I am now pigeon toed.  Severe pain in legs, hips and back my liver and kidney functions tests do not always come out good.  I have almost an ongoing UTI.  My hair falls out, I have white spots on my skin, headaches and it seems like new symptoms every day.  I have lost 32 lbs in 2 months.  Is it possible that I could have lupus related cancer?  Who do I need to see, oncologist, rheumatologist or who?

I have SLE, Sjogrens, Hashimoto's, Fybromyalgia, hyperparathyroidism, I also have osteoarthritis, degenerative joint disease.
1 Responses
1530171 tn?1448133193
My suspicions:

Chronic Insufficient thyroid regulation-perhaps relying too much on Labs
(flawed tests)
and possible interference with Adrenal stress (due to ongoing biological and external stress) which must be corrected first, before thyroid function can be restored (secondary hypothyroidism in addition to hashi's possibly)

Low vitamin D3 or vitamin D3 resistance - low K2 and other deficiencies
In relation to this:
Is your hyperparathyroidism primary or secondary and is it being treated successfully?

When there's serious & chronic organ and body system(s) involvement,
with these issues remaining unresolved or partially resolved, there are multiple consequences and it usually leads to systemic diseases, including A/I, like lupus, Sjogrens...
People diagnosed with one A/I disease often develop additional A/I as the
causative factors are not identified and removed in the first place.

Ideally, you should seek an Auto-Immunologist, which unfortunately does not exist yet!
I would go to the best Functional medicine doctor, I can afford.
With all your diagnosis, this would be a challenge for most doctors,
they wouldn't know where to start.

If your medical history is considered, personally, if I were you, I would not
trust that your doctors you had up to this point, would be able to help you
much, other than with continued symptom management.

Please note that my comments reflect only my own personal opinions and
not intended to replace medical advice.

Best wishes.
Niko

Have you had any genetic testing done?
Did you have any  tests for deficiencies recently?
Any food sensitivities?
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.