Lupus Community

Lupus insted of Fibromyalgia?

Hello-I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about four years ago due to sudden onset of severe migraines that did not start as an adolescent. I was also having severe neck pain. I have been unable to take Lyrica due to side affects. I have fatigue, headaches, and joint pain often. I also have edema often in my feet and hands, but always thought I may just retain water. I never considered Lupus until the other day. I have had a bright red dry rash on my neck, upper chest near my collar bone and on my arms that does not go away with Hydrocortisone Cream or Benadryl. It will show up on my inner thighs at times too. When my mother in law saw it, her first response was Lupus. Could it be?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.