A
A
A
Close
Lupus Community
1.43k Members
459853 tn?1283140514

Lupus or rosacea? Please help!

I'm a 40year old female that's been battling seronegative rheumatoid arthritis since I was 24. About a year and a half ago I started noticing this redness I had across my cheek bones and nose. At first I thought it was wind burn from the cold winter, but it never went away and is only getting worse! I had a baby last year and that's when I really starting noticing it. My older daughter claims it's been there for years though. But not it's to the point where I'm getting not just the rash, but what looks like pimples with no head. In other words, like a raised rash. The only time it went away was when I was on methotrexate. I had to get off bc my liver functions were slightly elevated, and am now on sulfasalazine (sp?), which I'm getting no relief from. If I could post a pic I certainly would. My rheumatologist claims that it's highly unlikely for me to have Lupus cause it would have shown up in my ANA panel. Any suggestions would be most grateful!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.