Medication

Hi. I am going to a rheumatologist very soon for a second opinion on lupus which I think I have. If I do, it has definitely affected me neurologically.  I really, really do not want to take steroids if I don't have to. Anyone with neuro lyme on a non-steroid medication, and if so what is the name and does it help. Thank you very much...
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What kind of neurological problems are you having im curious i was diagnosed in june but he told me at first he didnt think i had it all i had was neurological problems ftom anxiety to depression really bad brain fog
Helpful - 0
Usually the first line of medicine that is prescribed is Plaquinel.  There is a generic form hydroxychoriquine.  It has really helped me too.  Many times they will use steroids to help calm things down and bring it to a place where it can be maintained on medicines that are not as harsh on the body.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Lupus Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?