Pregnant...now what??

Hello.  Does anybody know if being pregnant can alter tests results for Lupus?  I had a pos dsDNA and neg ANA in March and my dr. wants to re-run in September (to wait a full month) and now I'm worried that my labs will be off since I'm pregnant...probably the reason I wonder this is b/c I have been feeling GREAT since day 1 of this pregnancy (btw..is that weird for lupus?) whereas every day before this for the past year I have felt horrible (many lupus sx.).

Thanks!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I don't think being pregnant will be a problem w/ the test results.  And, for what's it's worth, my ANA was the highest on the day I felt pretty good.  I have a friend whose ANA was only pos. when she was pregnant.  
Keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
Interesting.  I'm so glad to hear from you.  You're always so informative!  So far, I'm still pregnant and still feeling great!  My DH wasn't a big fan of me staying perpetually pregnant in order to "cure" my illness though.  LOL.  

Anyway, also just wondering how other women with lupus have felt during pregnancy?  Anyone else feel better while pregnant?

Thanks.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Lupus Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?