Test results

I just got my test results back and have to wait two months to see a specialist.  I test ANA positive.  My score was 1:160.  The pattern was speckled.  My red blood count is low, as well as my hemoglobin and hemocrit.  I am also vitamin d deficient.  My joints hurt so bad that I just want to not move.  MRI shows moderate arthritis in my knee and back. My fingers are so stiff and painful.  Not to mention severe spinal stenosis.  I am trying to work to keep my insurance but this is so awful.  Oh strong pain medication but nothing is helping.

Could this be lupus?  Anyone have the same pain and lab results?  Please help me.  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. In your case, since you have a speckled ANA pattern, it could be due to ITP, scleroderma, Sjogren’s syndrome, mixed connective tissue disorder or due to lupus. To diagnose lupus further tests will be required. However, anemia, low vitamin D can both cause pain in bones and joints. Your primary doctor can prescribe treatment for anemia and vitamin D deficiency. This will help reduce pain to some extent. However, you will need further tests to look into cause of anemia, and to diagnose lupus. Also, some physical therapy should be started to reduce pain due to arthritis. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for comments.  I did have an MRI and found a torn meniscus on my right knee.  So why I am waiting to see a lupus doctor they are going to do knee surgery.  Just seems I am falling about at 43.  
Helpful - 0
It's a long process getting diagnosed for an autoimmune disease.  My heart goes out to people dealing with the level of pain and needing to still work.  I know I hobble around on a cane for about an hour every morning.  And always feel so tired.  Just pushing my way through the day.  But the good thing about the forum is you can talk things out and ask questions and get others input on what you are going through.

When are you supposed to have knee surgery?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Lupus Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?