itchless rash going on for too long

my wife has a rash on her face, mostly cheeks and bridge of nose and also on her chest and arms for about 2 wks.  she had a fever ever night for one week, but that has subsided.  her rash does not itch but she does have muscle ache and fatigue along with loss of appetite.  she has loss 10 pds. in 2 wks.  her dr. prescribed hydrocortisone and some fungal cream but neither is working.  blood test were done but results might take two wks. to review!  she has been under alot of stress before this and we did go on a hike to hawaii for our honeymoon where she thought a mosquito bit her.  lupus? lyme disease?  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Rash on face, arms and chest! I had those symptoms and was sent to the dermatologist who took a small biospy of the rash on my arm. I was put on predisone but had no weight loss. It came back positive for lupus! The rash went away after taking predisone but staying out of the sun was really important! I will look for a pic oft rash and post it for you to compare! I hope your wife is fine and it is not lupus! Keep us informed!!!
Helpful - 0
thank you.  she just told me today that her fingers were getting numb.  seeing the pa today, but we will go to the er if they can't figure this out.  it's been going on for too long.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Lupus Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?