lupus test

Hi everyone, my Dr sent me for bloodwork to test for Lupus. Is it pretty easy to detect? She is also testing me for Lymes disease, fibromyalgia and checking my thyroid. My symptoms are achy joints. And fatigue. Does this sound like Lupus?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Your symtoms could be of Lupus or Arthritis or other things so it is good they are testing you for other things as well. Do you have  a rash on your face too? The blood tests are good they check for antinuclear antibodies, anti-DNA antibodies, and rheumatoid arthritis.In addition, they can see from your complete blood count if you have cells that look like Lupus erythematosis (LE cells) on the manual cell count.  They will also do a PCR or antibody test for lymes and a TSH maybe a T3/T4 for the thyroid. It should give the doctor a real good idea if any of these things are causing your problem. Usually, people have a rash with lupus that gets worse with sunlight as well. Let me know how it goes. My best friend has Lupus both discoid and systemic. If it turns out you have Lupus please send me a message. I have learned  a lot from her about treatment and the side effect etc.
Take care and hang in there. It is always hard waiting for a diagnosis.
mkh9
Helpful - 0
Hi! Thank you for your support! All my tests came back normal..yeah! But my Dr is stil concerned and is sending me to a rheumatoid Dr. Also I heard that Lymes is hard to detect and there is stil a chance of having that too. Hopefully this new Dr will have some answers. Thanks again for your kindness!!
Helpful - 0
Glad to be of some support. I hope you find out what is going on soon. Great to hear that your tests were normal. Feel free to send me a message or note to update me when you get some info.
take care,
mkh9
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Lupus Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?