Avatar universal

nasal folds

I'm reading Dr. Daniel Wallace's book on Lupus.

This is my question?  He explains that nasolabial folds are the outer parts of nose and cheek that meet upper lip and usually not affected by Lupus.

This got me confused--I'm not sure if he means the skin by the nose and beside the cheek or when he says upper lip does that mean under the nose?

Also he mentions that USUALLY not affected by Lupus.  Does that mean some people still may have Lupus if it's not in that area where the rash is?

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
429778 tn?1205273336
What does he say in his book regarding these folds? Thanks...
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
Hi, I went and googled nasolabial folds and found this page with pictures of the lines you usually get with age from the sides of your nose that go down to either side of your mouth.  Lots of women get them filled in.  slide down on page to see pics.

PS I read that book.  It is great.  Read Dr. Lahita's book also.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Lupus Community

Popular Resources
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?