never heard of lupus until i searched my symptoms

hi, i was searching symptoms of what i have been going through the past 5 years and they all sum up to lupus. every year about 2 months i get sick very bad. fever sore throat and they get cleared up by the antibiotics. i have a bad rash which my dermatoligist says is eczema which i have all year round. i have a slight red rash across my face ( cheeks & nose ) and upper arms and chest. mouth ulcers occasionally. when i go to the beach acouple days after.my sunburn flares up bad and my nose i get puss bubbles. i havery had foot surgery in the past. i am a 18 year old male. any suggestions or help of what i can do or should do i appreciate. Thank-you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
?
Helpful - 0
Lupus is a very strange thing. Some people have a few things go wrong while others with Lupus have alot of trouble with it.
Years and years ago Lupus was thought of something that happened to woman between their late teens to early 20. So it was put aside as nothing.
Now it does matter what sex you are or what age you are when you get a DX saying you have Lupus.
Lupus aalso has come along way. Some 40 years ago doctors would tell people with it they only had a year to live. This too has changed people with lupus can live a very long life.
If you think you have it then you need to get ahold of your family doctor and have a simple blood test done called...a double stran ANA.
You said you were out in the SUN, thats a no no , the sun and tanning beds will cause for some what they call lupus flares and a very bad purple/red rash that can last for years.So if you have it then you need to get some suntan lotion and apply it every day no matter if it is a cloudy day or hotter then heck out, then try to reapply it at least every two hours if your outside.
Hope I have helped you a little if you want to know more you can ask away. I have been DX with Lupus more years then I would like to count.
Good luck
Cassie
Helpful - 0
You're story sounds familiar. I'd heard of lupus, but I didn't know that much about it until I realized I might have it.  I kept getting a photosensitive rash that I thought, at first was an allergic reaction to a new med. After I got it the second time I looked up "maler rash" and saw people that looked just like me but they had lupus.  My diagnosis has come so much quicker than anyone that I've seen here. I don't know if it's because I've been getting medical care for lupus like symptoms for a while and my lab tests are "off the charts lupusy"  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Lupus Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?