Lupus Community

sun and flare ups

I have lupus as well as MS. I was recently away and stupidly sat on the balcony without sunblock for an hour. Could that be  the reason I am suddenly even more fatigued and feeling feverish at night? I can't believe I did that...dumb dumb dumb. Fortunately for me, lupus is rather mild, although internist says the kidney disease I have (which is in control) is related to lupus. Also had a headache for 3 days afterwards.
I know w/ lupus it seems that certain things can trigger flares.  When I get sick, it sometimes will trigger one.  And it seems I can't come out of it.  With me, sun exposure can cause some symptoms, but after a day or two I'm OK.  

Were you dx w/ MS first or lupus.  I've honestly wondered if I have both.  If you could send me a personal message on the difference between the two because I know that lupus can cause neurological symptoms when it attacks the nervous system.  
I went to my endocrinologist yesterday.He thinks I have lupus..but says he cant diagnose me with it cause hes not a rhumy.But hes good friends with my neurologist so hes gunna talk with him.But about the ms..I have alot of things that are more in tune with ms-including lesions on my mri.But  I guess theyre gunna swing with lupus as mt sis has it.And when I get out of a hot bath..I can hardly move.I was diagnosed with fibro and cfs,but like I said,more ms symtoms than not.
check this out

www.ahummingbirdsguide.com/mevsms.htm

A real eye opener!  You won't look at cfs the same after reading this.
Hi there -
Wanted to add that being exposed to UV rays (whether from sun or artificial) is the NUMBER ONE trigger for a lupus flare, and is a hallmark symptom.  It can cause not only skin symptoms, but triggers the antibodies that can cause a VERY serious flare (if you have organ involvement, it can trigger a flare there as well).  I become VERY ILL if unprotected in the sun, even if just for a half hour or so.
So - please be careful and follow the guidelines of the LFA - wear stong SPF protection as well as a hat whenever possible when being out in the sun.  For the best sunscreens, go to the LFA website for the list of the most effective ones...Good luck.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.