Aa
A
A
A
Close
Lyme Disease Community
2.11k Members
1763947 tn?1334058919

Does anyone know of anything natural for anxiety/depression?

Hi, I had mentioned before that I get depressed and I have anxiety due to my current living situation. I was wondering if anyone has tried anything natural for depression or anxiety? I don't really want to take meds for it with the Lyme and I believe that once I am with my fiancee again most of those feelings will end but until then I was looking for a temporary natural assist. I am not going to my LLMD for another 3 weeks. thanks in advance.
20 Responses
255722 tn?1452550141
Don't know if you are at all into this sort of stuff, but there is a site with decent hypnosis downloads called (get this) www (dot) hypnosisdownloads (dot) com

They have a large library--and they aren't that expensive.  The site was recommended to me as a resource by a counselor years ago.  I've used it for a few things.  Not sure I'd put stock in the "big stuff" but for smaller things like mood boosting and power napping and the like, it seems to be worth a few dollars.

Just an idea...
A
1763947 tn?1334058919
Thanks, I will check it out.
I can't remember if you have said this before, but do you have Bartonella?  My only symptoms of Bartonella were a preponderance of neuro and gut symptoms along with anxiety.  If I hadn't tested positive for it, it might have taken a while to figure out. My anxiety pretty much disappeared after I switched from Rifampin to Levaquin (no tendon problems so far).

I would sometimes take 1/2 of a .5g dose of XanaX at night. A couple times I took one during the day (like the time my husband walked up to me and handed me one, saying authoritively, "Here. Take this."). I do feel it helped. It wasn't a big enough dose to make me feel weird.  (It is pretty clear that 'drug sensitivity' is also on my list.)

I haven't tried any natural treatments for it, but I would imagine that chamomile and others would be helpful. Sorry I am not much help?
There are all sorts of natural approaches to anxiety...I have been on some for 4 years..different for everyone, I would ask for an adrenal saliva test to determine which will be affective for you... Good luck
1763947 tn?1334058919
i actually got my IGenx co-infection results this afternoon which came out positive for Bartonella and I think I have every symptom you can have. I posted pre-results but now I know why I am having those symptoms. I had a bad reaction from Xanax and I am also sensitive to meds so hate the thoughts of having to take some other pill but thanks for the info on the antibiotics. I might switch too.
1763947 tn?1334058919
i will ask my LLMD about that test, thanks
Have an Answer?
Top Infectious Diseases Answerers
1415174 tn?1453246703
CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste
Fend off colds and the flu with these disease-fighting foods