Lyme Disease Community

Herbal treatment vs. antibiotics

I have had Lyme's probably 15 years, finally diagnosed. I have been trying herbal treatments first, I figure I can always go to antibiotics later, if the herbs dont' work.  But antibiotics don't always get every last spirochete either, especially in a long-term infection like mine.   In which case, I will want my gut flora/immune system as strong as possible.  Which means go with herbs, not gut scouring antibiotics.

Anybody have some experience with this conundrum? Good or bad results from herbal stuff?

P.S.    I am VERY VERY lucky that my main symptoms are fatigue and brain fog,  if I had insomnia or pain like others describe, I would be pounding on the door for the strongest  antibiotics they have...

I also have a long term illness. I started with antibiotics that I did for 2 years before switching to a natural protocol. I am doing better with the herbs but have the horrible insomnia you spoke of.
Glad you're doing better with herbs!  Were the antibiotics worth it?
Have you found anything to help with the insomnia?

I am looking at trying some Cat's claw and Houyntunia.  I really misspelled that one, but I'm sure you know the one. Seems like not a high probability of success, but not going to do me a lot of damage if it fails...

Abx did help. I take hottunyia for bartonella. Samento and Banderol have been studied and kill the Lyme. I would look into the Cowden protocol.
Sorry forgot to say, nothing yet to help the insomnia.
I believe the ABX did help. Hottinunyia is very good for Bartonella. I take that. Samento and banderol are very good for killing the Lyme.
Thanks, I will try them next!  I just did a re-test of my Bartonella - the herbal stuff I was on the last 6 months didn't do the job. But, I got pretty run down on it, so I am taking a break from meds, until I can get built back up.

This Lyme's and associated is a tough row to hoe, no doubt. The uncertainty around treatment, and  lack of accurate testing make it doubly difficult to manage. Nice to hear you all got thru it!