Lyme Disease Community

How long does the rash last ?

Was wondering how long the rash lasts after starting antibiotics.  It's faded to a tan color.  Really just more curious than anything.

Thanks!

C~
I didn't have a rash, nor did my daughter -- at least, we never saw a rash, but it can be on the scalp and not seen.  The rash seems to vary widely in different people, so I don't know that there is any rule of thumb ... but I would say it probably won't last very long.
"The rash can last anywhere from several days to several months, even over a year. It can come and go in cycles that are related to the treatment the Lyme’s patient is receiving. Treatment often causes something called the Herxheimer reaction, a presentation or relapse of symptoms."

http://www.lyme-disease-research-database.com/lyme-disease-rash.html

This article is more conservative:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/869348

I, personally, have never heard of an EM lasting over a year---- but perhaps it does.

I never had a rash either.
Thanks so much.

Also in another thread thx for the info on Cipro kidney stones!

C-