A
A
A
Close
Lyme Disease Community
2.11k Members
209591 tn?1267414714

Neurological & Cardiac related issues and Lyme disease

I was finally diagnosed with Lyme Disease in January of this year, after a year of constant suffering.  It has caused Neurological issues, according to a few of my doctors.  I am barely able to touch my right leg and foot, without a harsh electrical like sensation.  Do you think this could be reversed?  Also over the last year, he has started noticing slight to moderate chest/heart problems.  For the past 9 or 10 months I have suffered from a burning pain in my chest cavity, scared of what he might tell me, I hae yet to divulge that information.  At my last two appointments he noticed that not only did my pulse stay above 115 wi, but he also noticed a weird sound or rattling in my chest.  Could this be serious, when I looked on my insurance website my diagnosis for the visit was stated as:  Other Specified Cardiac Dysrhythmias.  He has decided that before he will completely release me from medical leave that I have a complete work up and physical.  I am nervous that my condition is getting worse.  On top of the Lyme Disease, I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Myoclonus, Hypermobility Syndrome, Degenerative Disc Disease, , Intractible Migraines, mild focal kyphosis of the cervical spine, mild loss of intervertebral disc signal intensity suggesting mild early degenerative disc desiccation, mild central canal stenosis secondary to mild annular bulging. I also have been diagnosed with osteopenia and scoliosis, Neuropathy (by a Rheumy)
.      Current Medications are Provigil 200 mg, Naproxen 2 500 mg tablets, Nortriptyline 3 25 mg caplets, Zanaflex 8 3 mg tablets, Lasix 60 mg, Potassium, Compazine, Phenergan, Corgard and Tranxene.  Symptoms include burning pain in muscles, electrical like sensations, Headaches, extreme fatigue, arthritis, difficulty concentrating, stiffness,
1 Responses
362692 tn?1248639193
Wow!! First you need to find a lyme literate doctor (LLMD). I have no idea what all those are but know that steriods make lyme worse. Many of thosde "other Diagnoses" can be caused by Lyme.

There is alot information out there on lyme... read as much as you can and get yourself a good LLMD. I hope you get relief soon.

You will be in my prayers.

Rebeccah
Have an Answer?
Top Infectious Diseases Answerers
1415174 tn?1453243103
CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste
Fend off colds and the flu with these disease-fighting foods