flu shot with Lyme?

I was told by my LLMD that I should not get the flu shot as it could suppress my immune system.  However, my employer is requiring us all to get it as I'm in the health care field.  What have you guys done?  I'm trying to figure out if it's worth trying to get an exception, which would probably require a doctor's note.  Looking for others opinions on the pros and cons of the flu shot with Lyme.  Thanks!
Ally
I forgot to ask my LLMD about it, but I think I'm going to skip getting one this year for the same reason.  I made sure that my son got one because he is at school and then we run less risk of him bringing home the flu.
Ask your LLMD, and he can write you an excuse note if he or you don't want to get the shot.