Aa
A
A
A
Close
Lymphedema Community
147 Members

Is this lymphedema?

My right lower leg started swelling last October and I also noticed I had itchy arms and my fingers were stiff. The dr. gave me a diuretic, which did nothing to lessen the swelling. Then I consulted a massage therapist, who diagnosed me with lymphedema in December. She recommended lymphatic massage, said I needed to be patient because the enzyme treatment she uses would take time to correct the fluid imbalance. I felt better, knowing that there was a treatment for what I had.

During the winter my energy level was so low, getting out of bed was difficult some days. I couldn't do much but rest 24/7 for several months.

A few weeks ago I noticed my fingers were puffier than before and they ached. My whole body was achy, which made it difficult to walk and do the things I normally enjoy. I thought 'What is happening to me? Am I ever going to feel healthy again? I am still looking for answers. Oh, I forgot to mention the weight gain of 10 lbs. I just want to feel good again! Please advise.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.