Lymphedema Community
147 Members

Swelling/lump after FNA?

I was sick with a persistent sore throat and then a very bad sinus infection in September. In October, my pcp noticed a swollen lymph node. She sent me for an ultrasound showing enlarged nodes, with the largest at 1.6cm. All blood work normal. Followup ultrasound in Feb shows some lymph nodes decreased in size but one increased from 1.6cm to 1.9cm. I was referred to ENT. ENT stated lymph node was soft, moveable and he was not worried but stated I could have an FNA for more definitive results. So I had the fna today with minor pain and some discomfort. It's about 12hrs later and at the biopsy site I have a large knot...is this normal at this time?  
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?