Lymphedema Community
147 Members

Swollen Occipital Lymph Node

Hi, and thank you for taking the time for to review my questions. I am a 44 year old woman recently diagnosed with diverticulitis and put on cipro/flagyl for 10 days.  I was given both a ct scan and abdominal  xrays while in the ER for diverticulitis, both tests they did did not show any para aortic, or pelvic lymphedema. However, I just noticed that I have a swollen occipital node, it is non-tender about 1.5 cm in size and somewhat firm, it doesnt seem to move around much either. I have not recently been sick with cold etc...

I also  had a complete cbc that only showed eleved neutrophils and lowered lymphocytes which the dr said was indicitive of the diverticulitis infection. I have no other symptoms, no fatigue, night sweats, weight loss, fever etc. I dont notice any other swollen lymph nodes....

How concerned should I be about the possibility of lymphoma ?

Thanks for your time!
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?