Aa
A
A
A
Close
Lymphedema Community
147 Members

Swollen tonsillar node

I am a 28 yr old female. Mom to two kids under 4. In January,  I got a bad cold, sore throat, bad sinus congestion, the worKS which ultimately lead to a sinus infection . At that same time I noticed a swollen  ( what I believe to be ) lymph node in my upper neck. From looking at diagrams I see it is most likely the Tonsillar  node. It was a definitly large, not really that sore unless ypu poke it very hrd. I went on antibiotics for the infection, at th e clinic the nurse practioner wasn't concerned about the node a d said it was most likely connected to the infection. About a month o so later I cane down with an even worse cold, which again developed into a sinus infection  much worse this time. Node had gotten smaller but had not gone away in the time being.  I went to the clinic again and got another round of antibiotics.  I am now 3 out from the 2nd round and node is still there. Now I feel a sensation going up behind my jaw and almost into my lower ear. I have a slight ear ache now, and even a dull ache in my lower jar area. Again the node does not seem to have gotten bigger and it is moveable, not fixed.  But I couldn't feel this sensation before. I have  doc appt next week to get it checked out. I have had a runny nose non stop since before Christmas.  I did have 2 or three night sweats but I also just went on thedepo shot and I read that is a very common side effect.  Before the depo shot ( 4 weeks ago this Friday ) I had never had a night sweat. I started my period yesterday, so 8 believe the night sweat is all hormonal  related. I am concerned about the node though, although  I read this node most likely signifies  an infection... possible tonsilitis  ( I don't have any pain though ) or ear infection, lymes disease,  upper respiratory infection, strep, etc. Any thoughts?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.