Lymphedema Community
147 Members

abnormal lymph node enlargement

I have a medical question. My sister is 17 years old and she has an abnormal lymph node enlargement on the right side of her neck. That is the analysis given by her primary doctor after examining her. She also did blood work which came back with low monocytes and high basophils. Her doctor suggested that she gets a biopsy on the node and she will be seeing a specialist(a pediatric surgeon) next week. However one thing to note is that her wisdom tooth on the same side that her enlarged lymph node is seems to be growing. At this point you can only see half and she claims that it does hurt from time to time but not too often. She has not been sick and it isn't sick right now. I want to now if doing biopsy is the right way to go?
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?