Aa
A
A
A
Close
Lymphedema Community
147 Members

lymphedema?

I noticed a few years ago several lumps in my groin about peanut size, but didn't take much notice.  I think it happened sometime after visiting samoa where I had a toenail fall off from infection.

A few months ago I got several dozen cuts on my lets and feet, and although I disinfected, many still got badly infected.

I was in a tropical place (camiguin island) with a lot of infectious diseases, and when I went to buy antibiotics, it cost $1 for 30 pills, and they had absolutely no effect and didn't taste like amoxicillin.

Within a few days I now had 15 lumps in my groin which were painful to press, and my legs were falling asleep all the time.   After a few weeks my infections cleared, but the bumps remained, they decreased in size only slightly.

Now it is about 4 months later, and I still have 12 lumps in my groin, not as tender, but my left leg feels a lot of pain and I have some muscle spasms.

Will the lumps ever go away?  I read online they should clear after a few weeks but it's been months.   Maybe it's possible I have a parasite?  I have gotten a lot of mosquito bites in tropical places and I read about a type of worm that infects the lymph nodes.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.