Maternal Forum

Irregular menses/weight

For a long time my periods were irregular. Then I lost from 190 to about 155 and my periods regulated I never skipped one for the whole time i kpt the weight off then since aprili have been gaining it back and i am up to about 180-190 again and my I've had 2 since april. Could this cause my irregular periods?
Dear Lania:
There is goodcorrelation between weight and menstrual regularity. When women are more than 30% over their ideal body weight, menses are more likely to be irregular due to inconsistent ovulation. The same occurs with weight loss.
Keywords: weight, menses
This information is provided for education purposes only and is not a medical consultation. If you have specific problems, please contact your physician.

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments