Maternal Forum

Odd Sleeping Habits of Newborn

Posted By Pamela on April 01, 1998 at 07:24:19:

Good Morning,
First, thank you SO much for having this forum!!  New parents (like me)  have so many questions and can't always get our pediatricians to respond them.
My daughter is 4 months old.  She is normal weight and height, but her sleeping habits seem a bit odd in comparison to my friends children.  My daughter doesn't awaken until 9AM most days and then will remain awake until 10PM.  She is happy and active, but will not take a nap during the day.  I've tried rocking her for an hour in the afternoon, hoping she'll fall asleep.  The rocking certainly makes ME tired, but my daughter is wide awake!
Is this something I should be concerned about?  
Again, thank you so much for your help.
Pamela
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments