Maternal Forum

chicken pox vaccine

Subject: Re: Re: chicken pox vaccine

[Search][ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Maternal ~ Child Health Forum ] [ Archive/FAQ ]

Posted by HFHS.L.M.M.D on December 11, 1998 at 23:50:50:

In Reply to: Re: chicken pox vaccine posted by Tracy Trull on December 09, 1998 at 22:43:24:

:  
  Right now it is unsure how long the vaccine lasts, and there may be a booster needed later in life, just as you would with tetanus.
  He should wait to be immunized until after your pregnancy, and should not be in contact with anyone elderly, or anyone who has an immuno-deficiency such as AIDS or Cancer.
  The child cannot receive the shot until one year of age according to current guidelines. I took my daughter in for a check-up just 3 days before her 1st birthday and they refused to do it until she was 1.

Dear Tracy :
Seroconversion has been complete in infants as young as 6 months of age following their vaccination with the current varicella vaccine. Your pediatrician , as well as any of us , is guided by the AAP recommendations  which is based on most documented cases of seroconversion , usually being 12 months and older. Please refer to the website address I provided Tina with and thank you for your input .
L.M
Disclaimer : This information is provided for educational purposes only

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments