Maternal Forum

depo pregnancy?

i got my first depoprevera shot in june and since my insurance ran out i havent gotten one since.  how early can one conceive?  i bled (BLED) for about 15 days and then it just stopped. just like that. would a home test give a false negative or false positive result or would it be reliable?  if there was a pregnacy would there be any added risks? (can you tell im not ready to be pregnant again :)?) thanks a lot:)
Dear Jennifer:
Depo-Provera injections provided protection against pregnancy for 12 weeks. After 14 weeks, the drug has been cleared from the body to a level where contraception is no longer effective. It takes the average woman 5 months following the injection (2 months after the "missed injection") to establish a normal menstrual cycle.
Barrier contraceptives (foam, inserts, and condoms) should be used until you can become registered in a "public health clinic" or "planned parenthood clinic" that will provide you with medication as a reduced cost. As an obsolute minimum, use interrupted intercourse if you MUST have sex (this fails up to `1/3 people).
Keywords: depoprovera
This information is provided for education purposes only and is not a medical consultation. If you have specific questions, please contact your physician.

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments