Maternity ward Community
45 Members

car seats....

I HATE THEM!!! lol ok that was my rant. Now to my question.
when do we switch from rear facing to forward?? I'm confused
Your babies have to be at least a year. I think the weight limit is 20 lbs but I'm not sure. My daughter was so small I didn't put her in a rear facing until 14 months. Also, in california the law will be changing to 2 years in a rear facing. The law hasn't gone into effect yet and I'm not sure when it will but for now it's just highly recommended. I hate dealing with car seats too. How are all the babies?
Until 2?? Holy cow that's gotta be uncomfortable. But I suppose safety over comfort is best.
All kids are doing well. Hand full for sure but good. Imiss you girls aa lot.
Here in Aussie we turn the seats around to forward facing when they weigh 8 kilos, so I think it was about 5 or 6 months for bailey. I think I turned mine when bailey was about 7 kilos actually, because he would cry and be uncomfortable trying to sit up when he was facing rear.
I turned mine around when Kendricks legs were beginning to scrunch up but I think it was close to when he was a year and he loves being able to look outside the window
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.