MedHelp Social Community
1k Members

Don't Know where to post! Need Help!!!

Ok to start off with I have made an appointment with the dentist but they can not see me until Monday afternoon. I have two teeth that are hurting me pretty bad they have half my face hurting. I have taken, tylenol, BC powder, Ibrprofen, and put gobs of orajel on the two teeth and my gums to stop the pain and yet I am almost in tears with pain. I can taste blood so I think they are bleeding now or atleast one of them is. I am also feeling as if I am running fever now and I believe it is because of the tooth or teeth that are bothering me as well as feeling naseaus.

Can anyone please suggest something I can try to relieve the pain and misery until my doctor's appointment on Monday afternoon?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Next Monday? Call the dentist back and tell them you need an appointment before that. Chances are high that you have an abscess, and the presence of a fever is consistent with a spreading infection.

As for what to do now -- if this were happening to Swampy he would treat it as a medical emergency and go to the ER. Even though they are not dentists, they might be able to give you stronger pain meds and you will almost certainly need antibiotics. They should be able to get you started.

Whatever you do, don't have any alcohol right now. It does not cure toothaches and will not mix with your pain killers.

Hope you can get that appointment soon!
Thank you I might take that as an option and go to the ER. Atleast the antibiotics will probably make me feel much better.

I called the dentist this morning when I couldn't sleep all night because of the pain and they said they are off on Friday's so there schedules are pretty booked up and they can not get to me before next Monday Nov. 16.  I would call the other dentist office in town but they are just as bad plus they are twice the price to get anything done and since this is all self-pay I have to go where I can afford to go.
I agree call them bk tell them its an emergency that you cant wait you are in way too much pain! I have had the pain of wisdom teeth and i was in tears just from that so i cant even imagine how miserable you must be!!
If they dont have something or wont give you an appt i would call and find some1 to take me in!! I didnt have a dentist when my teeth hurt and i found one with a couple hours to take me in!!
And if all else fails then Swampy is right head to the ER!! I had to go once cus of my wisdom teeth it was 4 AM and my throat felt like it was swelling shut!! I had to get an IV full of anti-biotics they said i had a massive infection!!
I called every dentist in my town and found one that can see me first thing in the morning. I have a friend that is going to give me a couple of pain pills to help me get through the night.
That is GREAT!! So glad you found some1!! That tooth pain is no fun!! I told my DH i would rather get my belly button pierced again than have to have a needle shoved in my mouth!! And i darn near passed out when i did that piercing LOL!!
I hope you get that taken care of quick!!
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.