Aa
A
A
A
Close
MedHelp Social Community
1k Members
585414 tn?1288944902

Inspirational Historical Figure in Your Life?

Just wondering if people could pick one person in history, political, cultural, religious, etc. but preferably a person from recent political history that is inspirational to you in how they lived their life and you think of them and their approach, in your life and their contribution to society. This isn't a debate so any side of the political spectrum is welcome. I'll start with mine. Ed Roberts, founder of the independent living movement (could look him up on Wikipedia if you wish) but everyone must have someone so post whoever you think has shaped your life and society for the better.
5 Responses
518031 tn?1295578974
LT COL Oliver North
599170 tn?1300977493
our  16th Preident Abe Lincoln...thank God for him.

I admire Oprah on many levels, she came from so little, over-achieved and is a pretty good humanitarian.
599170 tn?1300977493
President,,,who would know  just passed a keyboarding class LMAO.
I also admire Oprah Winfrey... she is certainly an inspirational woman who has made a difference in many peoples lives.
577974 tn?1232526374
Mr Nelson Mandela, he exemplifies a moral integrity that shines far beyond any other, a truely extraordinary man.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.