MedHelp Social Community
1k Members

Inspirational Movie Quotes

Hello all:  Couldn’t sleep last night so I was watch Any Given Sunday and saw a great motivational speech.  It made me think of the people that are on this website and the struggles that we are all having.  It made me greatful for all the help that everyone has offered.  I have modified the speech a little to make it more appropriate for the board but the message remains the same.  Let me know what you think. And post your favourite insirational movie quote along the way!

“I’ve made every wrong choice a man can make.  I pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who’s ever loved me. And lately, I can’t even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know, when you get old in life things get taken from you. I mean that's...part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out life’s is a game of inches. The margin for error is so small -- I mean one-half a step too late, or too early, and you don’t quite make it. One-half second too slow, too fast, you don’t quite catch it.

The inches we need are everywhere around us.

They’re in every break of the day, every minute, every second.

In this place we fight for that inch. We tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch, because we know when we add up all those inches that’s gonna make the fuckin' difference between winning and losing! Between livin' and dyin'!

I’ll tell you this: In any fight, it’s the guy who’s willing to give everything who's gonna win that inch. And I know if I'm gonna have any life anymore, it’s because I’m still willin' to fight and die for that inch. Because that’s what livin' is! The six inches in front of your face!!

Now I can’t make you do it. You got to look at the guy next to you. Look into their eyes! Now I think youre gonna see a guy who will go that inch with you. You're gonna see a guy who will sacrifice themself for this place because they know, when it comes down to it, you're gonna do the same for him!

That’s a team, gentleman!

And, either we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals.”
speech was great and that was great movie.. with al pacino wasnt it?/ clint eastwood had two great quotes out of the dirty harry movies.. no speech just two simple lines... the first.. do ya feel lucky punk, well do ya..... and the 2nd was... go ahead and make my day
yeah it was Al Pacino in 'Any Given Sunday' when he is talking to the team before the final game.
"Frankly Scarlett..i don't give a dam*" LOL Rhett Butler
I'm also a Gone with the Wind lover - Rhett Butler: With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.

From Play It Again Sam - Allan: I love the rain - it washes memories off the sidewalk of life.

From Cocktail - Uncle Pat: Most things in life, good and bad, just kinda' happen to ya'.
Get busy living, or get busy dying.

For the second time in my life, I'm guilty of committing a crime: parole violation.
Of course, I doubt they'll toss up any roadblocks for that, not for an old crook like me.

(to ticket agent): Fort Hancock, Texas, please.

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think its the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man, at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain.

I hope I can make it across the border. I hope I can see my friend and shake his hand. I hope that Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

I hope...
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.