McCain / Obama - Debate - Pappaw escapes from the home
Is it me or does McCain look like he has plastic hands and arms as he held the microphone last night?  Not to mention that he was walking like Tim Conway on the old Carol Burnette show (the little old man taking tiny tiny steps).  He also looks like he has had a stroke with one side drawn - so does that leave us with Tina Fey (love those videos) to run this country if elected???  mmmm......let me think about that.  She's pretty smart, but .......

I had respected his service - but last night with him wandering around while Obama was speaking rather than sitting down (like Obama did), and calling him "THAT ONE" - what was that about???  THEN, did you notice he diverted himself from shaking Obama's hand?  I guess he thought "that one" might rub off on him or something.   PLUS, he darted from the room leaving Obama and his wife to talk to "his friends" - the TN people that came to see them - I think the people there were MORE than happy to talk to Obama and his wife.

It was like someone had let Pappaw out of the "home" and wander around to make tacky comments while everyone is embarrassed for him.   Come one Pappaw - go back to your room to eat the jello you nailed to the wall.....  

Don't get me wrong, I haven't been an Obama supporter - but if Pappaw is all we have to choose .......

Eh...I think no one thinks about Africa here because we don't have a real vested interest in that country. True, a lot of money is made off of Africa but they aren't an economy sustaining provider of resources to the US (like Middle Eastern oil).

Funny, there's a company that has been pushing for a fiber optic cable to go trans-continental to Africa from Europe and the US. Mostly I get the impression that despite their claims they wish to bring a stabilized infrastructure to African nations in need...they just strike me as investors looking to get rich off of contracts there (trust me, I've talked to one or two of the investors. I mentioned how altruistic and noble their projects were and they commented on what a "Curious way of looking at the project" that was).

Quite simply, Africa is...well...Africa. The continent has been rife with de-stabilization for as long as I can remember it. Its all very sad, but with our own economy going down the proverbial drain, we're really just focusing on our own issues... not that Americans ever really cared before all this trouble, of course.

Americans tend to be pretty flight of fancy about troubles in other parts of the world. We're a short attention span nation... eventually we'll notice Africa again and make alot of noise about it...for a while.

That was my point when I said oil,I mean mid-east,,basically we used the excuse of genecide for justifying Iraq after we found out they were not hiding weapons of mass destruction --so I was pointing out how very hypocritical our nation is. And sadly your right Africa just is and no one seems to care.Personally i think we need to fix the usa before we help anyone else.
Just pondering why would the fact that McCain spending 5 years as a POW qualifies him as having the experience necessary to run a war - he was behind bars nearly the whole time in Vietnam. Not a capacity that would seem to give him experience in actually running a war. This is not to discredit his service and scrafice and the horrifying experiences he must have suffered which would perhaps give him insight  on our current tourture debate, errr, policy, which I believe he has actually stood behind Bush on.  Puzzeling that he touts being a POW qualifies him as someone who can actually run a war campain, when he was isolated from the actual day to day active war experiences because he was isolated from that part  by being a  locked up POW and not an active, on the lines participant.
Very good point newleaf.
His arms are that way because he was tourtured and beaten every day as a POW in Vietnam.  He did it for his country.  To make fun of his arms is like making fun of a someone who was in a car accident and can't walk.  

One of my guys at work just mentioned the movie, "The Manchurian Candidate" where POW's were brainwashed and one becomes President.  Weird coincident, huh!?

My main point is that if he wasn't a POW - what could he add to the this country?  Just explain to me what exactly he could "positively impact" our country and the majority of the people in crisis over the economy and most possibly could lose their home/jobs/retirement?  ASIDE from him being tortured, beaten and etc., what can he add to this scenario.  I haven't heard that yet?  Enlighten me.....
Check this out.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8__aXxXPVc&feature=related
POW or not a POW has no bearing on wether a person is qualified to manage and oversee major national and now, world, econiomic policies.

We all are feeling the effects of what the major deregulation of our banking industry has done for us the past 8 years.

How many people went into their bank and put their IRAs into those mutual funds and securities that that the banks were pushing ever so strongly with the belief that hey, this is my bank and has been for years, it is FDIC insured, it must be safe because my bank and Joe bank manager who I have known and trusted for years says this is the way to make more interest than the usual CD or IRA account? Did they really read the fine print?

How many people were tempted to refinance their homes because of those teaser, interest payment only adjustable mortgages they also pushed so hard? Did they also push the stable, record low fixed rate mortgages? Nooooooooooooo. This curent crisis is all about banks, hedge funds and investors making massive big bucks off our backs. Guess who one of Bush's biggest campaign contributors was? CitiCorp, WAMU and BIG BANKING!!!  Opra's show last week on "explaining" the crisis to everyone in layman terms had me furious when her "expert" came on and said it was our falts for taking out the mortgages in the first place. I was proud of Sizie Orman (usually have a hard time watching her) when she said wait a minute, it is not Annie on the street falt and corrected him about the bank and mortgage companies tactics. Oprah just looked at her in a sheepish manner.

No, McCain will only follow the present administration's policies if the people in this country come down with a bag cast of Bradlyism whic will be much to our demise.
If he wasn't a POW...well he was a POW.
What could he bring to this country? Since you seem to support Obama, what can he bring to this country? Hope? America doesn't survive on hope. Or maybe higher taxes for people and companies who create jobs. That is Obama's plan right?

I am a McCain supporter because I do not agree with Obama on policy, he is a far left liberal that that does not fly in America. Was McCain my 1st choice...no, but he is better then the alternative to help this country. With Obama's policy it is going to bring the economy into a depression. What America needs is a true conservative on economic issues. Is President Bush...no, is McCain...no, but is Obama...far from it.
it was the fault of the bank and annie america who shouldn't have been buying houses they couldn't afford if the only way to get in was creative financing, and then didn't look at the fine print and see what was coming later on.  we are talking about responsible adults signing contracts -- you must read and understand what is going on with your money.  and it is also the bank's fault, they're not off the hook, with their predatory lending practices.  
fact 96% of the worlds wealth belongs to 1 % of its population , point do our CEOs really need to make as much as they do, and how about the movie stars and the professional athletes, they make more than doctors, teachers,policemen and people I value in everyday society.Do you not smell the coporate greed??The middle class is becoming a tough class to stay in.  I had a telemarketer call me 2 days ago and ask me about refinacing my house...all I could do was laugh.
You ask about what Obama can bring other than hope, what specifically can McCain bring that's better?  And what exactly makes McCain better than Obama on economic issues?  Do you think it's fair that people who make MUCH MORE money pay LESS taxes than other hard working Americans? It's been that way for years and it is NOT working (trickle down theory).  So why continue that way if it's not working?  I hope I don't sound sarcastic because we're all entitled to vote for whomever we want but I'd really like to know what the specific reasons are for thinking McCain is more qualified.  And like most people have said, we are not discrediting his service but being a POW does not automatically mean we can assume he has the capabilities to run this country.  

Both of the candidates are EQUALLY inexperienced in relation to this position because NEITHER of them have EVER held the position of President before. I understand we'll both still walk away voting for the candidate we want but I'd just like to know your reasons so that I can understand better.
The question I asked was "My main point is that if he wasn't a POW - what could he add to the this country?  Just explain to me what exactly he could "positively impact" our country and the majority of the people in crisis over the economy and most possibly could lose their home/jobs/retirement?  ASIDE from him being tortured, beaten and etc., what can he add to this scenario.  I haven't heard that yet?  Enlighten me..... "

You told me again about his being a POW - I didn't say he wasn't.  Believe me, I don't necessarily think that Obama is best - I WANT to vote Republican - I always have - I just can't see voting for someone that NO ONE can tell me WHY he is better with him knocking on the grim reapers door (look at actuary tables - in all probability the man will not survive his term) and that leaves Ms. Harper Valley PTA to run the country and I am sorry - she might be intelligent, but if she is, she is hiding that extremely well.  I don't think that "Gosh Darn it" our enemies will be enamored by the cutsieness that she brings to the table, and I don't honestly know ANYONE named Joe SixPack, so I don't know who she is talking about.   She is making (with the help of media - mind you), women look like idiots.  

Hope doesn't pay might light bill, and $2500 in tax credits as a single Mom for my health care doesn't pay the actual amount it costs at $12,429.00 that the policy costs.....please, tell me

AGAIN - convince me - tell me WHY Senator McCain is MORE qualified than Obama and WHY I should vote for Palin for President - NOT VP, but the very real possibility that she could be President.  Please, tell me!  I am not being sarcastic and I am not trying to aggitate - seriously, I want to know this....tell me.  Educate me.   (the POW question is not in dispute - give me something else.)

Rach  
There are no facts I can find that show McCain is more qualified to be president.  Try as I might, they are just not there to be found. If anyone out there can enlighten me as well on this issue please feel free to do so.

I just ran the numbers on McCain's health care proposal:

$5,000 tax credit  Then taxing the actual amount cost of the health benefit
$   450 average cost of a couples health care plan from employer with high deductables
$   750 employers cost of insurance

So lets run the numbers:  450 x 12 = $5,400  Still a $400 cost to you

750 x 12 = $9,000 that will be added to your total income and you will be taxed on it

Now in some cases a $9,000 increase in income can really add up to a heck of a lot more in taxes because it could pop a lot of people over into a much higher tax bracket.

There is no provision for those with pre-exhisting conditions and so they will still not even be able to have the health care they despirately need.  These were conservative estimates by the way......

Then, that child credit, what about those of us who's children are grown and no longer a dependent on our income taxes, what about those without children???????

Just a few thoughts.

Clarification of previous post (minus typos):
No, McCain will only follow the present administration's policies if the people in this country come down with a big case of Bradlyism which will be much to our demise.
Personally I find both canidates disgusting and will probably end up voting green.

To say McCain served his country is well and good but there is some reason to believe his hot dogging it caused a fire on one ship that killed most of the crew and he has 100% diability when I know vets who only have one legs lambskin ear drums and the melt marks from bullet hole across their chest.

That having been said the bail out shows both of them as sellouts, and Obama has carefully kept away from making any stand when he was in Illinois, and he is a product of Chicago politics which are aguably the most corrupt in America.
So cruel!! As if!  Working as close to government as I do (it pays a few of the bills) I would much rather work up to being a king maker than a puppet!  LOl I never knew you though so little of me!!  :^(

Things I hope have been well for you?

Re:  Obama the people I work with say he was practically a ghost when he was in Springpatch at the capitol.  And his views towards fathers is bizarre to say the least so I am voting for the only female, black, responsible Presidential Canidate..

Teko.. You will still respect me though?  lol
ANybody know what tto different but similat triats Van Buren made acceptable to be in a president?  We have an example of each in our presidential race.
And Lincoln
Stirring the pot!! In a political year!  Would you believe for my actual job I get paid to calm and pacify people!

No, I just enjoy logical discussions!!
SeriousSam, I'm curious what you meant about his views about fathers was bizarre. Could you explain that please? Just wondering.

I, too, am still undecided. I really don't care for either candidate from what I've seen so far. I just don't know what I'm going to do yet.