MedHelp Social Community
1k Members

What Annoys You About Society?

Hi All,

What annoys you about society as a whole?What would you do to change it? Please stay some what civil but please be honest...Remember these are personal opinions there is no right or wrong here.

It is nice to see that everyone thinks the world is just peachy.. Maybe I should have phrased the question differently.

But I do have a question.

Are healthy debaters actually welcome here if their opinions differ from the masses in this forum? After all debates have a pro and con side . I actually enjoy hearing other peoples opinions on things...I look at it as a learning opportunity...You never know when you might actually learn somthing or get a different perspective  from some one else....But to each his or her own.....
Well we are not allowed to talk politics here but other than that, cell phones to me are more of a nuisance than they are worth, and all the rude people have one no matter if it is in a grocery store, restaurant or even if your visiting with someone it seems they cannot turn it off. I even heard one go off in the court house. People need to learn phone etiquette. And why does a 6 year old need one anyway? lol  One of my pet peeves in society.
The MedHelp membership is global so societal issues can be quite different between countries and even within.  I would say my pet peeve about society is that too many people don't make themselves aware the realities of their world.  Elections have too small of turnouts.  I think this is mostly because people don't learn the issues of the day.  We need to learn, research, listen, debate!  The more knowledge we have the better decisions we can make in our lives and other's lives.  I truly think this lack of knowledge leads to many problems within our governments.  We can't make the right things happen without knowing the history and realities.
What annoys me about society is it's herd mentality.

And, I agree with you on the debate issue.
Right On! Great issues...

Here is my main issue and I think this is the reason behind some of the major issues today.

Entitlement or a 'Sense of Entitlement' is an unrealistic, unmerited or inappropriate expectation of favorable living conditions and favorable treatment at the hands of others.They may appear at times to care only about their own desires and needs at the expense of other people around them or they may habitually prioritize their own needs above those of others.

Bah Bah Bah...Said the sheep....
I completely agree about the herd mentallity...

I do not understand close mindedness.... There are so many different ways to look at things...There are many different way to achieve the same goal...

Please keep em comming....

Yes, the 'Sense of Entitlement'  and anti-intellectualism is a problem. I'm seeing so many of the youth feeling entitled to whatever they want without working for it in any way. I also see a growing trend towards "the good ole boy/girl" attitude, where intelligence is looked down on and called elitist, where setting the bar very low is acceptable, even desired, especially in our future leaders.
Has anyone seen the movie Idiocracy? It is about the dumbing down of America.Yes it is a comedy but it may be showing us a glimps of our future..

"Idiocracy"... I love the title; but I never heard of the movie... it sounds intriguing.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely check it out!
I dont know about dumbing down I find you all very clever you have a lot of knowledge , I do find that sometimes eyes are not wide open as they should be its easy to let stuff go instead of being involved ,kind of turning a blind eye .I feel sometimes the need to start to yell, wake up people ...
My biggest annoyance is people with no common sense or courtesy.  Like as if they are the only ones who exist in the world...I guess that could fall under the sense of entitlement category as well.  
i dont think the cell phones are a nuisance i think they are quite handy if you have an emergency or need to find some1 quickly or ask an important question but the kids thing i ABSOLUTELY  agree children do NOT need cell phones! some of my lil cousins and my DH's have way nicer ones that we can afford and i dont see why they need them at all!!  I also hate when people are walking through a store screaming at the top of their lungs on one drives me nuts you just wanna say shut up!!
Great points!

I think that sometimes people are not aware that they are actually being discourtious and rude. Some people have become so narcissistic they do not look outside their own little worlds  nor do the really even care. It is very sad....
People are nasty because they have been allowed to get away with it. Just because they are self important does not mean that they are important to me . I absolutely will not allow some one to be rude or nasty to me. I will call them out without a second thought. We do not have to put up with rudeness! Stand up for yourself!
People screaming at the top of their lungs while on the phone is ridiculous! I do not care about them nor do I want to actually even hear them. I will tell them to shut up.

Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.