Aa
A
A
A
Close
Medical Ethics Community
79 Members

Largest Pill Size

Adding to another question I posted recently.....does anyone know what the largest prescription pill size is(the exact dimensions).  For example.....the exact size of Xanax 1mg is: 6 X 3(mm). There are many manufacturers and many different sizes of Xanax and this is just one of many.  Obviously there are much larger pills and thats what we need to find out: such as Oxycontin and Motrin, etc.  But, my friend and I are developing a device for a company and we need to know, specifically, what the largest prescription pill size is, with exact dimensions.  We've looked everywhere for this information and have come up empty.  Can anyone point us in the right direction?  
1 Responses
144586 tn?1284666164
You have to go to the current version of the Physician's Desk Reference (PDR), which will provide that information. You will find exactly what you want in that publication.

You can also locate the manufacturer and telephone or e-mail the product manager for the particular medication. They will be pleased to help you out.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.