Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
517 Members

Feeling lost

Hi, my names daylin. I'm 19 years old and today I found out I possibly have msk. I've had kidney problems since about 4 years old at age 7 a doctor told my parents I had tissue scarring and that there was something wrong with my kidneys that they thought I was born with, I took antibiotics for a year and they said everything looked good about 3 years ago I started getting uti infections none stop. I lost my insurance because I became 18 and today I went to a hospital with voulenter specialist, the dr has a hypothesis that I have msk because I have all the symptoms so in about a week I have to get an ultra sound to see if I really have msk. I went to the hospital a few days ago because I'm in so much pain and they came up with you have a uti. Like if I didn't know that already now I owe thousands of dollars. I was suppose to be moving away to college the 18 of this month. Now I don't know what to do I'm lost and scared I have no insurance with maybe msk and constant infections and fevers. I feel so lost and hopeless, any  advise?
I've been diagnosed with msk about 8 years ago. I have learned a few things that might be helpful. Get on a prodolpholus. You can get it at the health food store. Make sure it is in the refrigerator. It is a natural antibiotic that helps maintain healthy flora and kill off the bad bacteria. Potassium citrate helps keep the stones at bay. Cranberry juice for the uti. And look for someone to help you develop a oxcalate free diet the best you can. Oxcalates help the stones form quickly. NO vitamin C tablets. They are the number 1 aid in helping stones grow very fast. Spinach, lettuce, avacado are all heavy in oxcalates. Breath. I know how stressful this is. I had my first stone at 2. Growing up I remember sitting on the toilet crying because I couldn't pee. My mom said it was in my head. Constant uti's and pain. I have had 3 surgeries this year alone to basket the stones. They pulled so many out. Now the goal is to lessen the formation and slow them down. As much as this *****, you need to focus on all the positive things you have in your life. You are not alone in this. Try contacting a Kidney foundation as well. They can offer you a lot of support and resources to help you through this. I am a 37 year old single mom of 4. If I can do it by myself, you can too. And you will. Just don't look at it as a disease. It's just a road block. But stress is a huge contributing factor that causes it to aggravate. I end a warm relaxing bath with sea salt always makes me feel a little better. The salt helps pull toxin from your body and the heat just helps everything relax. I will watch your post. Please let me know if you need any extra help. KP
COMMUNITY LEADER
Welcome to our community .. here's a link to our health pages with a wealth of info that may be helpful:  http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=185

C~
MSK with Stones