Aa
A
A
A
Close
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
515 Members

How msk cope with pain

Hi I am 31 and had msk for 8 years I am finding it very difficult to cope with the pain I have been put on mst and liquid morphine inbetween attacks I am still finding it a struggle how do you suffers cope I need someone to talk to much appricated
4 Responses
I was diagnosed recently as well. I have an appt with a nephrologist February 12
168348 tn?1379360675
COMMUNITY LEADER
Ouch for you both .... I'm lucky that I don't have chronic pain (only with a stone passing) ... it would be great to share ideas to cope with the pain, etc.

C~
I can't seem to find a doctor to take me seriously.  I was just recently diagnosed!  I can't take the pain. It's ruining my life. I live in Tennessee.  Any advice please
I am past desperate. I live in Westport NEW ZEALAND & was diagnosed with MSK 18yrs ago & have had kidney stones for 30yrs. my hosp & drs here took my pain relief & all treatment away 3yrs ago & I've lost 20kgs & been mainly bed-ridden ever since. I've lost my whole family as they all believe I'm lying about my pain & just feeling sorry for myself. I've been refused treatment including I've fluid in hosp here. I now do all renal colic & kidney stones with 5mg of diazepam. I've had a health & disability advocate fighting for me for 6 yrs & BULLER HOSPITAL & WEST COAST DISTRICT HEALTH BOARD refuse to treat me. Unfortunately NZ doesn't have any laws to help patients so don't know what to do anymore. I've experienced the frustration & terror of being told I'm not in pain & even with a stone passing never have blood in my urine. I do all my pain with NOTHING & I'm physically & mentally exhausted. Is there anyone on here that could send any documentation that I could take to a dr that might help me explain the inhumane suffering of living with this disease with only diazepam for pain? I've tried to take my own life 3 times in last 2yrs during bad bouts of pain as I can't live like this anymore.
Have an Answer?
Top Digestive Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem