A
A
A
Close
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
515 Members
592774 tn?1325397342

No kidney pain since starting antibiotics for bronchitis

I have not had any kidney pain since last Tuesday, when I began Bactrim for 7 days. I have already been on macrobid since Nov. 13 and had 1 IV dose of gentimicin or floxin on Friday. I guess this flu with bronchitis treatment has allowed me to attack my Kidney infection with some strong meds. DH thinks it was gentimicin and I think it was floxin. I am going to have to get my records to find out for sure. I am going to try to call my Uro and see if I can get a long term bactrim Rx from him.
2 Responses
168348 tn?1379360675
COMMUNITY LEADER
HHHMMMMM is all I can say.  I have found the same thing happen AND also when I go onto an anti-inflammatory I usually would pass a stone within a few weeks.  And, interesting to note that since I'm on one for 1.5yrs straight for ankle problem, I am pain free and I have passed anything big enough to show up.  My last event was about a week long but pretty uneventful in the world of stones on a scale of 1-10 it was a 4 I'd say.

So antibiotics and NSAID's make me wonder.  

C~
691983 tn?1266808432
i started taking ibuprofen for all the joint pain going on.with my pain med too.i feeling better but still very tired.i always was told no nsaids ever .so what do your dr.s say about taking them??
Have an Answer?
Top Digestive Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem