Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
515 Members

Vit D - Calcium - Kidney Stones - Passed a small stone this AM ....

OK .............. does it end?  Now that I feel great on the Vitamin D @ 100,000 iu's a week vs. the 50,0000 iu's / week I passed a stone this morning.   Luckily it was pretty uneventful prior to passing and was only 1.5mm's ... it looked like a grape seed all smooth except one end was jagged and trust me, I felt that last night right before I fell asleep and thought .."hmmmmmmmmmmm this will give birth in the AM"  and sure enough it did.

I caught it .. so I guess off to the lab to be analyzed (yellowish sand color and some dark brown) and I would assume along with Vit D levels THEY BETTER CK my CALCIUM to be sure it hasn't risen and now producing stons [ again ]

Always a double edged sword ... never simple ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

C~
MSK w/calcium oxalate stones
Hello C,
Do I say congratulations or comiserations on the birth,lol.....one less to deal with (for now, said with tongue in cheek).
It's funny I have been feeling stoney all day, must be in sympathy with you.

My stones were a very similar colour to yours and mine were made of calcium combined with oxalate(75%) and phosphate (25%).

LOL, whoever said life was simple....ooooooo it's so tempting to say!!!,lol

Hope you didn't have too much pain, I got my script today for pain meds woohoo...feel like i'm having an out of body experience,lol..

How long will it take before you know the result of the stone make-up? I hate waiting for anything..

Big hugs and take care for now,
love Sam x

COMMUNITY LEADER
Have to figure out which doc is going to send it out and where to be sent for analysis...the Endo opted out but is going to ck the calcium when I go for my next round of bloodwork probably later this week.  He called last night and said most likely it isn't calcium rising so fast with the added Vit D but doesn't want to take any chances at all and said to call my Uro or Primary .. my Uro is in NYC and I reserve him for when I have problems or my Primary needs input.   We'll send a copy of the lab analysis to the Uro for the records.

My last one I captured was 100% calcium oxalate .. my mom has uric acid ones .. one almost killed her 16 yrs ago with septicemia but hasn't made any since .. that type you can get meds for ... so want to be sure it isn't uric acid left untreated!

YOOO HOOO you are pain managing now with the meds!

C~
Sam I am soo glad you were able to get your pain management meds now!!
Out of curiosity did any of the info. from here help in that at all..., I want to know
mainly to see what we are doing and were we can improve to better help patients!
I do hope this gives you a piece of your life back!

Cheryl congrats on the birth,,,, I am soo bad at catching them, maybe the frequency with IC can't take the time to get the hat rised off and on the toilet etc. LOL or I am just lazy either one!

I am afraid Cheryl even though your stones have not been as severe a many, we will always be at risk for and actually most always have stones even if only a few small ones,  No it is not fun,,, had a new IC patients ask me if I ever quit hating this disease,,, I had to tell her honestly NO I hate MSK and IC, I hate that so much of my life revolves around just surviving, keeping my symptoms under control and trying not
to go under.

HOWEVER, I would not trade for any amount of money, the friendships, the many people etc. that have come it my life through it all.  So many have touched my heart in amazing ways.  Some who started out contacting me for info. went on themselves to
find articles and information that in turn has now also helped others.  Like MSKluv with the Vit D info.  I hate stones, and honestly I hate MSK BUT

I AM SO THANKFUL FOR THE FAMILY OF SUPPORT HERE!!!

AGAIN IT IS ONLY TOGETHER THAT WE WILL IMPACT THE FUTURE GENERATIONS OF MSK PATIENTS, MANY OF WHO MAY BE OUR KIDS, GRANDKIDS ARE EVER GREAT GRANDKIDS....,

Hang in there and throw your self a "baby" shower....

Love,
Shelly
COMMUNITY LEADER
You all are so inspirational when we get down ......... thanks.  I agree .. the friendships we've made are unbelievable!  I truly believe it is destiny that has brought us together and not chance.  We are here for each other and that is the most important thing.

C~
Congratulations on your "new baby" .It is amazing how the little ones can still hurt so badly. Those vicious little hooks or spikes, GRRRR!