Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1554665 tn?1294354952

Black outs with Adderall and Wine

I take adderall for my ADHD. I also drink alot of wine. Like way too much. Like about two bottles a night, sometimes three.

Occasionally, I will just black out and not remember what else happened that night. Sometimes, it will happen when I haven't even been drinking that much. I will black out, and wake up with a cigarette in my hand in my chair. (I smoke alot). Its scary (and not its not the same as being drunk).

Anyways, does this happen to anyone else?

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
7721494 tn?1431627964
This is one for the "bad idea" file.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Yes, but not for very long.

Adderall is a stimulant and when mixed with alcohol keeps you conscious long past the point drinking yourself into oblivion. So, you keep drinking, two or more often three bottles a night.

It's alcohol poisoning that's causing the blackouts. The alcohol is poisoning your liver.

Keep this up and one morning you'll wake up dead.

Get some help with your substance abuse problem before it is too late.
Helpful - 0
13875083 tn?1431882181
Wow Hope1992ope,

philnoir is correct.  This is a horribly unsafe practice.  Please do not do this again.  If you cannot stop the impulse to drink when taking stimulants you really should consider getting help because this could one day be fatal.  Take care and get help!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Memory Loss Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area