Can this be early onset dementia, and missed on the CT and MRI?

I am a 35 year old female with recent short term memory loss, apathy, poor concentration. I repeat myself on a constant basis, am very forgetful to the point my husband  and employer has expressed concern.  I have completed a MOCA and "passed with flying colors", completed a MRI and CT scan both of which were normal.  Sometimes I have a hard time "finding words"  Could something have been missed?  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Gosh, that would seem unlikely at your young age.  Okay, couple of questions.  How is your sleep?  I have had two times in my life, once when I had two young kids (toddler and baby) and I literally was woken up every hour or hour and a half a night. And the other was when I had a job that kept me up until 1 am and then I could fall asleep and had to get up at 5:30 am the next day.  I started doing very strange things . . .  left keys in ignition and drained my battery, started coffee pot with no pot under it, put meat in slow cooker and never turned it on. I was cognitively affected by lack of sleep.  

Anything like that going on with you?

Another thing is hormones and thyroid.  Have you had any blood draws to check these?  A slow or hypothyroid can cause forgetfulness and memory issues.  You'd probably have other things like really long cycles with periods not being regular or being just every 2 to 4 months.

Depression and stress can also cause this.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/7-common-causes-of-forgetfulness-201302225923.

Read that and see what you think.  You'll get a banner to get their newletter.  Click out of it and then go back in and you won't get the banner.  (tip).

Something else that comes up on when I read about this is nutritional deficiency. Something else to look in.

Give those a read and see if there are any things worth talking about with your doctor.  By the way, do you have kids?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Memory Loss Community

15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area