Memory Loss Community
192 Members

How do i help my husband with his memory?

I have been with my husband for 5 years and over the past 2 years I've felt that he's forgotten conversations that we've had.  Only 2 weeks ago I told him about a test that I had and he has no recollection of the conversation at all.  He says that I make up the conversations and that I never told him.  This has happened a lot and I can tell him his responses from the conversations but he says that I'm lying.  My daughters have even told him about certain things that he's forgotten and he says that they're just backing me up and will say anything that I've told them to say.  He in fact thinks its me that is forgetting things.  My own mother has noticed that he's forgotten things that he's said or has been told so its not only me that is seeing it.
I once said maybe we should go to the doctors and he got really angry saying its me that needs to go.
I've started writing down the conversations that we've had because it is causing such terrible arguments and I'm not sure what to do any more.
Hes a very busy man who is always on the go and im wondering if the stress is causing him to forget.  The things is, the things he forgets is always things about me.  Its like he's so stressed that he's trying to release pressure by forgetting anything related to me. And this is why he says its me and not him.  
How do I help him if he doesn't think that there is an issue.  I can't always have a witness every time I want to tell him something and I want these issues/ arguments to stop.  Its affecting us too much. please help.
I feel your pain.  Sometimes my husband forgets too.  Once he was supposed to do something and he said we NEVER spoke about it but we did . . . via text.  LOL  I had it all there and took my phone to him and said "what's this then?"  He stared at me blankly.  He literally  had forgotten.  He also has a stressful job.  He also doesn't always let what I say 'sink in'.  It's annoying.  He also has some processing things I suspect because although he's very intelligent, sometimes in conversations he gets confused.  We can be talking about a person like say, my sister, and that's the only person we've been talking about and all of a sudden he will look at me blankly and say 'who?".  He gets lost.  Or I'm so boring he drifts off.  lol.  Anyway, annoying.

But I'm wondering if you think this is more than that.  If something deeper and neurological is going on.  How old is he?
Stress affects memory. I find when under acute stress I have memory loss. I have had with serious chronic stress twice. Both times my stomach acid depleted and I developed iron deficiency anaemia.  Stomach acid is essential for vitamin B12 absorption but in my case I cannot absorb vitamin B12 (autoimmune pernicious anaemia) so I need sublingual B12 spray daily. I had severe memory loss from this deficiency.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area