What is causing my Short term memory loss, problem concentrating or focusing

I have depression, anxiety and stress.

I have problem concentrating, focusing, recalling details and leaning new information.

And sometimes my brain becomes blank.
For example I was at school, teacher asked me why are you late today?
I wanted to replay, but there were nothing in my brain. I kept thinking of finding excuses but I just couldn't even any fake or simple ones.
That's the reason I can't go to school anymore, because they ask question and I can't answer, even the simplest questions.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
do you take a benzodiazepine (Klonopin, zanax, valium, etc) or have you taken them in the past ?

I ask this because I had the same symptoms along with several other things when I was on Klonopin, and needed to up my dosage or quit them.
Helpful - 0
If you are on any benzos, that could be why you are having short term memory loss. If so, discuss with your doctor. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
This could be ADHD (primarily inattentive). I went through 13 years of school without being diagnosed - I was evaluated and diagned in college after my symptoms worsened. I also had prior diagnoses of anxiety and depression.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Memory Loss Community

15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area