Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

What is causing my Short term memory loss, problem concentrating or focusing

I have depression, anxiety and stress.

I have problem concentrating, focusing, recalling details and leaning new information.

And sometimes my brain becomes blank.
For example I was at school, teacher asked me why are you late today?
I wanted to replay, but there were nothing in my brain. I kept thinking of finding excuses but I just couldn't even any fake or simple ones.
That's the reason I can't go to school anymore, because they ask question and I can't answer, even the simplest questions.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
7052683 tn?1392938795
do you take a benzodiazepine (Klonopin, zanax, valium, etc) or have you taken them in the past ?

I ask this because I had the same symptoms along with several other things when I was on Klonopin, and needed to up my dosage or quit them.
Helpful - 0
446049 tn?1632493397
If you are on any benzos, that could be why you are having short term memory loss. If so, discuss with your doctor. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
20819717 tn?1522386521
This could be ADHD (primarily inattentive). I went through 13 years of school without being diagnosed - I was evaluated and diagned in college after my symptoms worsened. I also had prior diagnoses of anxiety and depression.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Memory Loss Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area