B12/Bcomplex vitamin depletion with HRT/BCP for menopause

This is not a question  but rather information I'd like to pass along. Please know that if you have extreme fatigure and insomnia and are on HRT or BCP to help regulate periods for perimenopause or other reasons, have your B12/Bcomplex vitamins checked. This is from personal experience as the fatigue and insomnia after being on these was severe. My primary physician checked and my B12 was tanked, as my other Bvitamins are Im sure. SL (sublingual) replacement seems to work best as many women dont absorb enough of vitamins through their diet for a variety of reasons. After 1 month of replacement, feel much better.
As a note, B vitamins can be stimulating for some so take them in the morning to see if you are one of the ones that has a caffiene like side effect from them. I take them in the am and my energy is much much improved.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I just added this to my regimen too.  I don't take HRT or BCP, but do have a thyroid disorder and for some, B12 is on the low side. I haven't noticed extra energy that keeps me up at night, but will keep that in mind if as my levels get to a better place and I notice that.  Thanks!