Bio-identical hormones

I am a 65 yr old female who recently went off HRT after nearly 10 years.  I loved being on the hormones, but had some issues with spotting and then breast cysts.  MY GYN suggested I wean off of the HRT, which I did over a long period of time.  Now, I am again having hot flashes, and I've been assured by my GYN that vaginal dryness will most likely be another menopause symptom before long. I have heard from a few people about the bio-identical hormones and was wondering if anyone on this forum has any experience with them.  Is it too late at age 65 to start them? Unfortunately, I live in a state where hardly any doctors prescribe them. I would appreciate any feedback.
I dont think its too late at all. I have heard nothing but great things about them and I am looking in to doing it as well but the problem is finding the right doctor to write you the prescription and the pharmacy to compound the cream.
We live close to Omaha, and I have only located one clinic there, but their website says nothing about who the doctors are. My GYN here seemed to think there is a pharmacy in our town that prepares the creams. I think it is worth a shot.
I find it really hard for a doctor to even send you to a doctor that prescribes it. Its very frustrating.

You are reading content posted in the Menopause Community